Onada Photography


OE Crew: Welcome to the spolight page of Olamild Ent.

Today, we're showcasing something different but unique. We introduce you to a young, vibrant and beautiful Nigerian photographer by the name Onada.

Onada: [smiles]

OE Crew: How did it all start? What was your inspiration?

Onada: My dad has always been my inspiration when it comes to photography. I grew up with him photographing every phase of my life really. He loved photography and was a huge Nikon fan. I’ve had a camera as long as I can remember but it all really started when I went to a friend’s wedding in Jamaica and the photographer didn’t show up till just before the ceremony. I had a little Nikon D40 so I became the designated wedding photographer until the real one arrived. After looking at the pictures I took from that day I thought hmmm now this is something I could really be interested in.

OE Crew: Besides photography, what’s your passion and mission?

Onada: Outside of photography, my next best thing to do is shop I’m a typical girl. I enjoy reading, travelling and spending time with my boyfriend. I live my life one day at a time and try to make each day the best one possible.

OE Crew: "Live life one day at a time," that's deep! anyway, Did you face any challenges when you first started? Was there any time you felt like this wasn’t meant for you?

Onada: Building a wedding photography portfolio was challenging because I had to get people to trust me in the early stages as a newcomer with a D40 to photograph their weddings. Every single photographer I contacted to second shoot for either didn’t reply my emails or didn’t take me on because I didn’t have any formal photography training. So I made friends with other photographers who were just starting out just like me and taught myself everything so far with the aid of online forums, books, workshops and visiting the websites of other experience photographers. I love what I do so much and have never thought it wasn’t meant for me. Everyday I continue to learn something new and I challenge myself to be better. I am still a work in progress and I firmly believe hard work pays off in the end. So I’m hopeful for huge success.

OE Crew: Speaking of success, you were awarded “bride’s choice awards 09.” How did that feel?

Onada: I was surprised and really happy about it. I’ve been working really hard at what I do over the last year, learning and growing at the same time and it felt good to know that all the brides I’ve photographed were thrilled with their pictures.

OE Crew: Are you willing to travel?

Onada: Yes, I love traveling to start with so traveling to photograph a wedding would be an additional plus.

OE Crew: Wonderful! One thing we appreciate besides your work is the fact that you are giving back to the community. Why not tell our reader(s) about your educational fund? How long has it been and what inspired you to start this program?

Onada: I established the Bright One Educational Support Fund about 3 years ago at the primary school my father and several members of his family attended. I’ve always wanted to give back somehow and found the opportunity while visiting in my hometown and met a lady who had pulled her child out of school because she couldn’t afford it. I feel very strongly about education and believe every child deserves an opportunity to be educated to give them hope for a better future.

OE Crew: Education is the best legacy one can pass on to the upcoming generation. We commend your efforts in helping people out. I urge you all to visit www.brightonesupportfund.org to learn more about this charity program. Onada, I must let you know it's a pleasure to have you on OE. Thank you for your time. Thank you all for reading. Please visit www.onadaphotography.net to see more of Onada’s works.

Onada: Thank you for featuring me on the website. I wish you all the best

6 comment(s):

Those pictures were lavishly refined.

Beautiful work Onada
We really appreciate what you do.

Onada's work has always been wonderful! So, good to learn more about her. Thanks for sharing this Olamild!

thanks for the feature and I love what you've done with the site!

I love her work. Been a follower from the start. Well done, Bola, love all your work. Very proud of you.

Thank you all for stopping by

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share