Once Again, Luralph is here.

If you love luralph, say yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Wait no longer, wake up from your slumber because Luralph's album is here. The scheduled release date is March 3rd which happens to be Luralph's birthday. Sometimes last year, we interviewed the music box as he is called and he was enthusiastic about this album. From then up until now, he's worked hard to ensure that you (the fans) get a feel of what he has to offer.

This is a breakdown of the songs that would be on Luralph's 'Once Again' album. The album that boasts of 12 tracks of pure art, no intro, outro, instrumental tracks, auto tune, guest appearances, skits or any other album lengthening gimmicks.


Ekalo: "Ekalo" means "Come with Me." The beat of the song was actually made before the song was written. I learned that it was offered to another artiste who declined using it for whatever reason. I imagined an old school - 1970s kind of video with people in Afros, platform clogs, tight bell bottomed pants, and large glasses, so I wrote a song about what I think going to a party at that time would be like(Even though I wasn't even born then).

Mo Wonu Ile: The song was written 7 yrs ago. It was a friend of mine who inspired the idea. So, I listened to other versions of the song which is a classic, and I wrote my own version in a way that I think would be more enjoyable. "Mo wonu ile" is an incomplete sentence that means "I entered the house/building."

Chineke: I have a brother who whenever we pray, usually says, "God give me plenty plenty money today, now now, because You told us to ask for what we want. This is what I want." I understand that there are many people who have the same mindset during prayers, so, I wrote a song from that perspective. "Chineke" means "God."

Rain: I had a stint with Id Cabasa for one and half years. During that period, it rained one day, which is nothing unusual, but the rain caught my attention in a weird way. So, I picked up my pen... I wanted to write about one thing we can easily take for granted - Rain.

Your Eyes: This song came when I was feeling lonely. I wanted to write a song whose title would be something like "A Thing Called Love"(which I have not written yet), but got stuck with "Your Eyes." This was a song actually inspired by my own emotions, though I made it somewhat light by the lyrics.


Luv Sea: Mic On(the guy that produced 'Rain') and I came back from a show around 2AM one morning. I had given him a melody some days prior, and he started playing it. I was inspired. I did a freestyle, and the freestyle became the song.

Whatagwan: I was thinking of a dance song to write. I had fallen in love with "Keep it Low" by Christina Milian. So, I wrote the song to the beat with a mixture of English and Yoruba. "Whata Gwan" is Jamaican patios for "What's going on?" which is true to the Caribbean influenced beat.

Anything: I wrote this song with a friend of mine Chinedu "Ngigz" Ngige. The beat came before the song, we decided on what we want to write about, and we started. It is really a song that captures the situation in a lot of relationships, and I wanted people to enjoy and relate to it.

Christmas: Christmas is a comical song.The song is about a guy that saw a girl on the street and telling her how he can satisfy her sexually, yet telling her he loves her. At the time I wrote it, I heard people sing a lot of crazy lyrics on their songs and wanted to do something from my own perspective. I hung out with this set of guys, we all acted crazy and formed slangs for everyday words. Some of which I used in the song.

Sick: The song was inspired by the rhythm of "Nottin No Go So" by Notch, all I did was add some other ideas to it. I'm sure you would not notice the influence if you had not read it here. I wanted to write about things that people can relate to and have probably experienced, but essentially making a dance song.

Iwo Ni: Was inspired by the weather, believe it or not. Also, at the time I wrote it, I was crazy about narrating, using the Yoruba language. So, I made a love song that I think would invoke imagination in the listeners. "Iwo ni" literally means "It's you."

Ojo Nlo: "Ojo Nlo" means "Time's passing." This song has a deliberate Hip Hop influence. It was inspired by my story as an artiste in Nigeria, what I saw, did, and intend to do. I used the passage of time to basically tell that story as creatively as I thought to.

READ: Exclusive interview with Luralph

Related post(s) - Luralph's on Fire

5 comment(s):

Hmmm interesting. this makes me want to hear the album more.

I wonder if it will be on itunes. My friend introduced me to his music, and I think he got talent.

ralph is looking sexy in this video sha.

i saw the exclusive that was done on him on galaxy television and it was nice, i am impress

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share