With the girl next door looks, charming personality and a body to die for, it is no wonder that Miss Olayinka Mustapha, Political Science Major at Temple University, is enjoying a lot of support/votes as she contests for the Miss AfricaUSA 2010/11 crown. In an exclusive interview with Olamild Entertainment, the beautiful Miss Mustapha shared her motivations, ambitions and more. To learn more about the pageant and to vote for Olayinka, please visit http://www.missafricaunitedstates.com/Enjoy!
OlamildEnt: With all the work involved, what motivated you to become Miss Nigeria USA Finalist 2010/11 and now participate in Miss AfricaUSA ?
Olayinka: I am usually not the pageant type. I like this because there is a lot of emphasis on the intelligence, organized, and respectful Cameroonian woman that started the pageant.
OlamildEnt:What types of training and guidance did you have?
Olayinka: I am working on sponsors right now and I didnt get any training. For now, we have BNB financial services and Hopkins motor cars.
OlamildEnt: From your accent, it seems you did not grow up in Naija, are you Naija-American?
Olayinka: I was born and raised in Minnesota. People think American born like to reject their culture. I love Nigerian culture and I have visited home many times despite being in America.
OlamildEnt: Against a very competitive field, how do you see your chances of winning?
Olayinka: It is all in God’s hands. If God says its going to happen it will happen. I put my faith in God, though I am confident.
OlamildEnt: What is your platform?
Olayinka: I want to develop an After-School program for young girls
OlamildEnt: What do you want to accomplish in supporting your platform?
Olayinka: I want to focus on Science and Mathematics for girls because I believe there is so much to girls than being beautiful.
OlamildEnt: On the home front, how do your parents feel about you being a beauty contest?
Olayinka: My parents are very supportive. It is a pageant created by a woman who is not trying to exploit us. The focus is on intelligence and inner beauty. I love my parents so much for that and I don’t take that for granted.
OlamildEnt: I noticed during my research for this interview that you are a Temple University student. What are you majoring in?
Olayinka: My major is Political Science. I have to balance a lot. I try to keep my GPA at a certain minimum. With the help of my parents, things are not as hard as they could be.
OlamildEnt: What is your career goal?
Olayinka: I want to be a corporate lawyer. I like what they do.
OlamildEnt: You definitely have the girl next door aura and beauty, what does beauty mean to you?
Olayinka: Beauty is when you do things for other people because. My mum always says It is good to do nice things for people. But it takes a special person to do things for people when there is no one looking. I want girls to know that there is no concrete way to be beautiful.
OlamildEnt: What advice do you have for other young women who want to learn your secrets about the right way to position themselves to become Miss AfricaUSA?
Olayinka: Please go into the pageant with the right reasons. You need to feel beautiful already before you go in there. You also should go without hoping to become famous. You need to know what your platform is and you need to know who you are and be confident. You should be nice and humble because you never know where you would be.
OlamildEnt: When is the pageant holding?
Olayinka: July 22nd – 25th
OlamildEnt: For your non-Nigerian fans, tell us the meaning of your name?
Olayinka: My parents said my name means Wealth surrounds me. I would also like to say I don’t like to call people my fans. I prefer to call them my supporters.
OlamildEnt: Beautiful name. So is your boyfriend supporting you?
Olayinka: I don’t have a boyfriend
OlamildEnt: Strict parents?
Olayinka: My parents are not all that strict. Though they always have boundaries.
OlamildEnt: You don’t have a boyfriend? Haba, Miss Nigeria. Ok o. Well, now the guys know you are single. Thanks for your time!
Olayinka: Thank You






6 comment(s):
wow she is pretty. her humbleness is what will carry her tho. so many pageant girls dey tink dey God. not true o
I need to go to the gym.
good for her.... i pray she wins.....its bout time!
am surprised at how down 2 earth she seem
I pray she wins, she is so humble and God will definitely be with her all the way IJN, amen.
She dropped out of the competition.
Post a Comment