BIOGRAPHY: I.B(Ibrahim Are)
He Sings & He Raps! Canada based rapper and singer, born in Washington DC USA,
I.B (Ibrahim Are), moved to Nigeria in 1996 for high school and was raised in the he
art of Lagos,
Nigeria. I.B is no stranger to the sounds of Lagos and as a rising star, he brings a new sound to
the game with his lyrical genius and feel-good vibe. His singles 'Naija Girl' and 'Shes from Gidi'
took Canada by storm in 2009 and 2010 respectively and was an instant hit in the U.S as well.
The up and coming Star has worked with and opened shows for the renowned world act, winner
of the 2009 MTV base music awards Tu face Idibia, Eldee the Don and Mr Maga don pay; Kelly
Hansome as well as several other international acts. His music finds fans bumping their heads
to an original sound reminiscent of a true Lagos vibe.
One can claim that I.B's distinct flow
comes from the fact that he has lived in 3 different countries and has what it takes to make his
blueprint on the African stage but when time visions magazine a highly rated Canadian monthly
magazine should name you as the next big thing Jan 2010 edition, then this lyrical genius is
definitely a force to be reckoned with. He is Currently Working on his Debut album and just
finished working on his Mixtape ‘3rd Mainland Bridge’ scheduled for release July 2010.
Created in Windsor, Ontario and adeptly named '3rd mainland bridge Vol. 1', I.B's
mixtape is scheduled to drop on the 16th of July with his first smashing hit single "She’s From
Gidi" already rocking the clubs. ‘3rd Mainland Bridge Vol. 1’ also host a catalogue of Canadian artist and proves the versatile I.B is back again with a host of different sounds and distinct styles combined together, creating a one of a kind innovative sound that comes naturally to Ibrahim Are.
I.B - Ijo
“Ijo” itself is an original lyrics written by I.B on a “Sean Kingston – Take You There”
Instrumental. In order to bring it “home” the producers under Dought Music Inc led by A.Y added
some original African percussion changing the dynamic of the song in an attempt to personalize
the sound and create that distinct original feeling that has been associated with Dought Music
Inc all these years. Percussions includes: Congas, Bongos, African Talking Drum (gon-gon),
cowbells, claves etc.






0 comment(s):
Post a Comment