OMOTOLA JALADE EKEINDE - an epitome of class, brain, and beauty.

It's been almost 2 months since we did any interviews. It suddenly dawned on me that we had not featured any actor/actress. The last interview we had as a matter of fact was with the music icon OBIWON and it was in July. Anyway I thought it'd be nice to feature a movie star so I got a hold of Mrs. Omotola Jalade and urged her to take a look at the website. She said it was nice. I asked to feature her on it. She said OKAY and bam! we have this.

If you are familiar with Nigerian movies, she is no stranger. For those that do not know her too well, Mrs. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a prolific Nollywood actress, a true example of class, brain and beauty. Her profile is nothing short of amazing.


Tell us how long you have been in the movie industry.

14 years

What inspired you to take that part in life?

It wasn't by choice. I was awaiting jamb results, so I started modeling and ran into it.

What were the challenges you had to overcome to make it to the top?

Family, my mum's permissions mostly.

Glad you mentioned that. A lot of people face similar problems when they venture into the entertainment industry. I am pretty sure some have that problem even as we are speaking. What do you suggest they do in order to get their family's support?

You need to win their trust by remaining focused and dedicated. The bottom line is every parent wants their child to be responsible and successful both you can achieve with consistency and caution.

Caution and consistency! that, I like. You ventured into the music scene not too long ago, what do you enjoy most about that?

The whole process of being in-charge and expressing myself.

We all know the hassles that comes with waxing up an album. What was the most difficult/the most easy thing you had to face to release the album omosexy?

My first album was titled ' GBA.' The most difficult thing was making sure it represented where i was, easiest was writing the songs and watching people buy and like it. (laughs)

How would you describe your music?

My new Album is Essentric, Inspirational, playful and loving.

New album? hmm interesting! Is it out already?

The Album's not out yet. There's a single we'll soon be promoting and it's called Feel alright.

Which do you prefer the most (life as a musician or as an actress)?

Both worlds.

Besides what you do for a living, what do you enjoy doing in your leisure time?

Leisure is probably only during my family holiday where there's a no work no phone rule. It’s for two weeks in a year and we (husband and kids) travel anywhere.

Now that you've mentioned family. I have to ask...how do you juggle being a mother and wife with being a well respected actress in the industry?

Focus, Humility and Hardwork.

What advice do you have for young female adults that aspire to be an actress/musician?

Be sure it’s not for the fame or money first, but the love of it. Get information and know your self-worth.

Your work is recognized in places we can't even start to mention. Sure, you've received numerous awards. Which of them came as a surprise to you and why?

I’d say the most outstanding & friendliest actress from the Youth benefactors award of excellence. The reason is quite a number of bad press and propanganda has been circulated on how snobbish and unfriendly I am but I am a total Entertainer/Artiste. I write, direct, record, sing and act. I do motivational speaking, humanitarian activities and run an Estate and production company.

Do you have any regrets about any decision you've made in life?

None! Every experience is a part of the story

I learnt you've worked with victims of rape from some countries. You've also worked with the UN. How does it feel to be giving back to the community ?

Great! You feel like you have not just a voice but some power to change without going through the rigours of contesting for office or bribery. Seeing the results after is humbling, the feeling; indescribable.

Wonderful! I am also very passionate about helping out rape victims. That's why I have reserved the domain www.speakup9ja.com for it. But we're back to you, tell us about the Omotola Ekeinde Initiative for youth empowerment

It is for the love of celebrating our youth, our rights and freedom to live and enjoy living.

What would you consider your greatest achievement?

Knowing Jesus Christ at an early age, it is the singular occassion that my other successes have found their solid feet.

That's nice to know. (laughs) In the name of success and other positive things I must mention that each time you're spotted, you turn heads. Some say there's no way she can have 4 kids and look that good. What do you say to that?

Thank you

What and who would you consider your inspiration as of today?

Inspiration comes from everywhere but in entertainment, I’d say Beyonce, Madonna and Angela basset.

Anything else you want to share?

Celebrate life,love one another and seek Christ. Life is beautiful
Be Osexyfied!

Thank you for gracing our website and thank you for the sound advice you have given. I am sure someone somewhere will need it and make good use of it.

Thank you readers, see you next time.

4 comment(s):

9ice one'omosexy neva disappoints'

Nice interview, she struck me as well media-trained, lol...but intelligent and made for a fun read. Kudos Olamild!

she is well hot and sweet....I wish i could meet her some day!!!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Share